Please note that I have not tried all of these recipes (yet), but they were given good reviews on the sources where they were found. The ones I've tried will have my review at the very bottom of the post. I'd appreciate it if you would please leave a comment if you try any of them. I would also love to get any recipes you may have or suggestions you have that this blog should include.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Easy, Healthy waffles

Ingredients:
1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup pureed zucchini or pumpkin (can also used canned pumpkin)
1 cup applesauce
2 tablespoon oil
3 teaspoon vanilla
Optional: mix in some berries, chocolate chips, whatever you like

Directions:
1-Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl with any "mix-ins" (berries, chips). If you're using pumpkin, you might want to add some pumpkin pie seasoning.
2-Mix the wet ingredients in a different bowl.
3-Combine and mix until just mixed up.
4-Preheat waffle iron and spray with some nonstick oil, very important as they WILL stick without.
5-Cook according to the waffle makers instructions, which usually means putting about 1/4 cup batter on the iron, closing, and waiting for a light to go out. Serves: 4-6

Source

My reveiw: LOVE this recipe! I've made plain, strawberry, pumpkin and peach and they are SO yummy. I spray the nonstick oil between each batch and they come out easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment