Please note that I have not tried all of these recipes (yet), but they were given good reviews on the sources where they were found. The ones I've tried will have my review at the very bottom of the post. I'd appreciate it if you would please leave a comment if you try any of them. I would also love to get any recipes you may have or suggestions you have that this blog should include.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake

  • 1-1/4 cups milk, divided
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 3 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
  • 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla flavor instant pudding
  • 1 tub (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed, divided
  • 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • BEAT 1/2 cup milk, sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with whisk until well blended. Stir in baking mix just until moistened. Spread onto bottom of greased 9-inch round pan. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 min. Remove cake from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
  • BEAT pudding mix and remaining milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in half the whipped topping. Toss strawberries with 1/3 cup sugar.
  • CUT cake horizontally in half; stack layers on plate, filling with half the strawberry mixture and all the pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping and strawberry mixture. Serve immediately.
  • Prep Time: 20 min
  • Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
  • Makes 8 servings
  • Source

3 comments:

  1. Hey!
    You left a comment on my blog... and I wanted to respond, but couldn't find an email.
    I don't write for the Daily Harold... have you seen my pantry there??? lol.

    I featured our pantry on Studio 5!?
    Maybe that's it?
    ~Shelley
    casonshelley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your post from Miss Crafty Pants and loved it. My son who too is allergic to, get this, only the protien in the egg whites and all nuts but peanuts. However, I am thinking that he is getting more sensitive to eggs so your blog is exactly what I have been searching for. Thanks oodles...you have a new fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you'll see this Kim but in case you do, I'm so happy to help (I have no other way to contact you). I don't keep this blog up very well but feel free to contact me here if I can help you at all. Make sure you see my flaxseed post, it's been a lifesaver for a ton of different recipes. Good luck with your son!

    ReplyDelete