Please note that I have not tried all of these recipes (yet), but they were given good reviews on the sources where they were found. The ones I've tried will have my review at the very bottom of the post. I'd appreciate it if you would please leave a comment if you try any of them. I would also love to get any recipes you may have or suggestions you have that this blog should include.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cupcakes and cake - using a mix

I posted a few cake recipes previously if you want to make them from scratch but in case you are interested in using a cake mix, you totally can. I always substitute applesauce for the oil and of course flaxseed for the egg(s) and they make a fantastically moist cupcake/cake. Love it!

As a reminder, 1 egg equals 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 Tablespoons of water that you let sit for 2 minutes before adding to whatever you're using it in. Also, I've noticed that you need to bake them longer than usual so bake for as long as the box says and don't be surprised if you need to bake up to 8-10 minutes longer (for a cake) and up to 5 minutes longer for the cupcakes. You'll know they're done when the toothpick comes out clean, just like the box says.

No comments:

Post a Comment