Please note that I have not tried all of these recipes (yet), but they were given good reviews on the sources where they were found. The ones I've tried will have my review at the very bottom of the post. I'd appreciate it if you would please leave a comment if you try any of them. I would also love to get any recipes you may have or suggestions you have that this blog should include.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Granola

4 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup raisins (optional)

In a large bowl, combine oats wheat germ and flaxseed; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool. Add raisins if desired. Store in an airtight container.

Source

My review: LOVE this recipe! I make this nearly every week to put in yogurt and it's great to just snack on alone. I also want to try this recipe as crunchy granola bars (see the granola bar recipe) but haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment