Please note that I have not tried all of these recipes (yet), but they were given good reviews on the sources where they were found. The ones I've tried will have my review at the very bottom of the post. I'd appreciate it if you would please leave a comment if you try any of them. I would also love to get any recipes you may have or suggestions you have that this blog should include.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:
1/4 cup margarine
2 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup
sugar
3-4 tablespoons
water
1/4 teaspoon
salt (scant)
1/2 teaspoon
baking soda (scant)
1 cup
flour
1/3 cup
cocoa

Directions:
1-cream margarine, oil, sugar and 1 T water until light and fluffy.
2-mix in remaining 2-3 T of water and beat well.
3-mix dry ingredients.
4-add to margarine mixture and mix until combined.
5-refridgerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
6-preheat oven 400° F (200° C) and grease a cookie sheet well.
7-make 24 balls (can also do drop cookies).
8-bake for 10 minutes, should be very puffy.
9-allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, they will fall considerably due to the lack of egg.

Click here for source and nutrition facts

My Review: I should say my husband and son's review because I don't eat chocolate. They both really liked these cookies, however, I highly recommend eating these the same day you make them as they get crispy the next day. Other than that, according to the boys, the cookies were really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment