Please note that I have not tried all of these recipes (yet), but they were given good reviews on the sources where they were found. The ones I've tried will have my review at the very bottom of the post. I'd appreciate it if you would please leave a comment if you try any of them. I would also love to get any recipes you may have or suggestions you have that this blog should include.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Apple Waffles

Ingredients:

  • 1 large or two small apples (I use granny smith), grated
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon cloves
  • 1 cup applejuice
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 2 tablepoons corn oil (canola or veg oil will do)
  • 4 Tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1-Preheat waffle iron.
2-Sift together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3-In a medium bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients (including sugar) until well combined.
4-Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and slowly blend in the wet ingredients until combined.
5-Fold in the grated apple.
6-Make your waffles according to manufacturers directions making sure that you use cooking spray with every other batch if not ever batch as the batter is fairly sticky.
Makes about 20 square waffles
Source

My review: Super yummy! Just tried these and they were so good and I love that they are also nutritious because of the apples. I'm sure if you wanted to substitute the regular flour with wheat flour they would be great and even healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment