Please note that I have not tried all of these recipes (yet), but they were given good reviews on the sources where they were found. The ones I've tried will have my review at the very bottom of the post. I'd appreciate it if you would please leave a comment if you try any of them. I would also love to get any recipes you may have or suggestions you have that this blog should include.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake

Ingredients:
Two 8 oz containers cream cheese
1 cup unrefined sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
3-5 tablespoon lemon juice (to taste)
2 tablespoon cornstarch
graham cracker crust
1/2-3/4 lb. fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise

Directions:
1-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2-Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a food processor or blender.
3-Add lemon juice one tablespoon at a time, stopping and tasting in between, to taste (I find this to be about 4 Tbsp, but I grow some sweet lemons...).
4-Finally, add the cornstarch.
5-Pour into the crust and bake for 45 minutes, or until the cheesecake is completely puffy (it will deflate when it cools).
6-Let cool, and once room temperature or below, arrange the strawberries on top.
7-Refrigerate some more until you want to eat it.
Serves: 8-10

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment